According to a symbolic story I once heard, getting on a horse is a symbol of taking control of your own destiny. I received a gift certificate for my birthday, chose a horseback riding trip, and then kept putting it off. The questions of who to go with and finding a suitable time were complicated. Finally, over two years later in the summer, I made an appointment for the beginning of August and we went with a friend.
Of course, it began to seem very significant that, in addition to the fact that by that moment I had removed everything unnecessary from my life in terms of work and dedicated myself to writing books, I had also ended a relationship with a person, with whom I wasn’t able to spread my wings fully. Another coincidence: a week earlier I saw the name "Mikk" written at the bus stop and now I got a horse named Miku!
*****
Ratsutamine
Ühe kunagi kuuldud mõistujutu tulemusena seostub hobuse selga saamine minu jaoks oma saatuse alistamise ja enda kätesse võtmisega. Ma sain ümmarguseks sünnipäevaks elamuse kinkekaardi, valisin ratsamatka ja lükkasin seda siis muudkui edasi. Küsimused, kellega minna ja sobiva aja leidmine olid keerulised. Lõpuks üle kahe aastaa hiljem suvel panin augusti algusse aja ja läksime sõbraga.
See hakkas muidugi väga märgiline tunduma, et lisaks sellele, et olin tolleks hetkeks tööalaselt kõik liigse oma elust eemaldanud ning raamatute kirjutamisele pühendunud, läksin enne seda lahku suhtest, kus ei saanud täielikult oma tiibu sirutada. Veel üks kokkusattumus: nägin nädal varem bussipeatusesse kirjutatud nime “Mikk” ja nüüd sain Miku-nimelise hobuse!
Kommentaare ei ole:
Postita kommentaar